CASTING THE FOLLOWING SHOWS:
by Dipika Guha
Director – Callie Prendiville
Audition Date: August 1, 2018
1st Rehearsal Date: March 3, 2019
RUN: May 5, 2019 – June 3rd, 2019
Must have San Diego local housing. This play will rehearse three days a week (Sunday, Monday evenings, and a day TBD based on cast availability) through March and April and will move to 5-6 nights a week for tech starting April 30. Performances are Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings and Sunday matinees.
About the Play:
Yoga apparel giant Jojomon is at the top of its game when a terrible scandal sends them into freefall. Newly hired CEO Joan stakes everything on a wild plan to recover their earnings and their reputation. YOGA PLAY is a comedy about enlightenment in a world determined to sell it.
RAJ – Mid-thirties, Indian-American, COO of Jojomon. Graduate of Harvard Business School. Knows nothing of his Hindu heritage.
Auditions will be held at Moxie Theatre:
6663 El Cajon Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92115
Email audition requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a digital copy of your headshot and resume. No phone submissions, please.
PART-TIME DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE POSITION
MOXIE seeks an experienced development professional to support the goals and work of our organization. MOXIE’s mission is to create more diverse and honest images of women for our culture and this commitment to diversity is reflected in our staffing, programming, and board of directors. Applicants of all gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and physical ability are strongly encouraged to apply. The duties of the Part-Time Development Associate include but are not limited to, donation processing and acknowledgment, disbursement of donor benefits, database management, assistance with special event planning and execution, grant research and drafting of applications, and assistance with development campaigns and communications. The Development Associate will report to the Executive Artistic Director. The position is 20 hours/wk with flexibility to work from home for half of those hours. MOXIE is a family friendly company where children are welcomed at work and parents transitioning back into the workforce are appreciated.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the Executive Artistic Director:
- Process, track, acknowledge, and disperse benefits for all donations, pledges, planned gifts and bequests, gifts in kind, and other information related to donor cultivation and special events.
- Maintain and manage donor database, providing accurate and current data on all prospects, donors and other constituents.
- Assist in planning and executing large special events including event logistics, invitation development and tracking, and management of event volunteers.
- Research grant/foundation sources and draft grants proposals.
- Complete follow up reporting for grants received.
- Assist in preparation of Annual Campaign and other fundraising materials and communications.
- Update and maintain a development calendar and work plan.
- Developing and implementing strategies to develop current donors and sponsors and acquire new donors and sponsors.
The ideal candidate will have fundraising or related experience and have a bachelor’s degree. Seeking: excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); special event planning experience; experience in grant research and writing; exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multitask. Availability to occasionally work flexible hours including weekend or evening events is expected.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to be considered for employment as Development Associate of MOXIE Theatre, please send your cover letter, resume, two professional references and writing samples (preferably from grant/foundation applications) using the subject line “Development Associate Position” to email@example.com.
Salary: $20.00/hour with flexibility to work from home.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
MOXIE Theatre is a professional non-profit theatre founded by the critically acclaimed group of performers and directors; Jo Anne Glover, Liv Kellgren, Delicia Turner Sonnenberg and Jennifer Eve Thorn in 2005. MOXIE’s mission is to create more diverse and honest images of women for our culture using the intimate art of theatre. By producing works by female playwrights and giving special attention to plays that defy female stereotypes, MOXIE expands the idea of what is feminine. Our dedication to finding work that is underproduced means we’re discovering the classics of the future.
Job Type: Part-time
- Fundraising or related: 1 year
- Membership in Assoc of Fundraising Professionals is a bonus but not required