We are deeply grateful for all those friends who are showing us their generosity at this difficult time. MOXIE WILL be back strong, safe, and sassier than ever! Help us reopen our doors.
Make a one time donation, become a monthly donor, sponsor ZoomFest… However you choose to support MOXIE, you have our profound gratitude!
A Message to MOXIE’s Subscribers and Supporters
From Executive Artistic Director Jennifer Eve Thorn & Board President Shannon Sweeney
April 14th, 2020
Dear MOXIE Subscribers,
It’s become clear that our final production of MOXIE’s Season 15, SHIV, will have to be canceled for the safety of our artists and our audiences. This production was initially postponed and we had planned to begin performances at the end of May, but at this point even that won’t be possible. We miss you. We want to see you in our seats. But we know we’re in good company with theatres across the city and country in making the choice that is safest.
What does this mean for you as a Subscriber? We understand that you paid in advance for this production. There are 2 options for you to consider:
- “Donate” your ticket back to MOXIE. You don’t have to do anything other than tell us to “keep it” and we’ll re-classify the money as a donation to MOXIE. We’re working overtime to find ways to survive this challenge.This kind gesture on your part will go a long way toward helping us bridge the gap that grows wider the longer our doors are closed.
- Apply the money to your next subscription. If your budget won’t allow you to contribute the ticket back to MOXIE, we understand. Times are tough. We can offer a discount on your subscription for next season.
We know this extraordinary time has impacted everyone, to varying degrees. If the above two options won’t work for you, please contact us to discuss options.
SHIV was the final production of our 15th Season. MOXIE is planning a highly flexible Season 16 that can begin at the end of summer, in the fall or even in the winter. You won’t have to agree to dates because who can agree to dates right now?! We’ll be announcing Season 16 in two weeks and you’ll be able to purchase your subscription knowing that your investment is safe and your safety is paramount.
In the meantime, we’re proud to bring you ZoomFest, our on-going series of live virtual theatre performances. We’ll be back live this Friday night with I Lost My Mind in San Francisco starring MOXIE Founder Jo Anne Glover. Don’t miss it! www.moxietheatre.com/zoomfest
With so much respect and gratitude,
Jennifer Eve Thorn & Shannon Sweeney
Executive Artistic Director & Board President
A Message From MOXIE’s Executive Artistic Director Jennifer Eve Thorn
March 20th, 2020
Dear MOXIE Family,
Theatre is community. We’re working on communing with you. This message has an ask and it also has some good news. Will you stick with it for both? We could all use some good news, right?
How We’re Communing With You. The MOXIE staff are working from home and calling every single MOXIE subscriber. We’re asking about how you’re feeling, picking up tips on how to stay active, and trading ideas about how to bring theatre to you at home. People are asking how we’re doing. Thank you for that.
How We’re Doing. I’m getting real with you for a moment and then I’ll get right back to the good news we promised. Like most theatres, our income has dried up and our expenses have not. If you can afford to give, would you consider it? Here are 3 ways to help.
- Increase or start a monthly contribution here.
- Purchase a ticket to The MOXIES Gala here.
- Give a one time gift here.
Now For That Good News We Promised. We’re not giving up on our next show or The MOXIE Awards. And we’re starting to produce live theatre starting next week. Curious how?
- The new dates for Shiv by Aditi Brennan Kapil have been shifted to May 24 – June 28, 2020. Our box office will contact you to reschedule your tickets if you already have them.
- The MOXIE Awards Gala & Fundraiser has moved to September 13th. Women will be honored. A party will be had. Learn more at moxietheatre.com/theMOXIES.
- MOXIE will begin offering live theatre starting next week. MOXIE’s ZoomFest will feature original short plays performed live from within the homes of artists. We send the link, you click and join an audience. Let’s pioneer a whole new and wild way to make theatre!
This moment in time is full of anxiety and confusion but it can also be full of hope. We’re ready to let this bring out the best in us. We’re ready to respond with moxie!
Will you join us?