MOXIE’s Season 17 Auditions
Open Call for Non-Equity Actors
MOXIE is accepting video submissions. Cue up your camera, give us a brief introduction to you and then show us your favorite 1 minute contemporary monologue.
MOXIE is excited to be radically inclusive in our casting. Actors of all abilities, races/ethnicities, sizes, gender identities and sexualities are encouraged to submit for consideration.
- Character 1- 30s/40s BIPOC woman. Very practical. Ready for her wife to work less and snuggle more.
- Character 2- Any age. Female orangutan. Very dry sense of humor. Played by a white actor.
- Character 3- 30’s/40s Latinx woman. A Primatologist. Hiding her neurodiversity from the world. Only Latinx actors living with autism or identifying as neuro-diverse will be considered for this role.
- Character 4- 30’s/40s Latinx woman. Smart, fun and astute. Only Latinx actors able to speak conversational Spanish and English will be considered for this role.
- Character 5- Latinx teen (can be played by an adult). Any gender. Living with autism. Doesn’t dig their mom dating. Only Latinx actors living with autism or identifying as neuro-diverse will be considered for this role.
- Character 6- 40’s-50’s. White man. A Primatologist. Essentially a good guy but also a little blind to his own privilege.
- Character 7- Late Teens/20s. BIPOC woman. Brave as hell. Speaks to saints.
- Character 8- 40s/50s. BIPOC woman. A tough and fiercely loving mother.
- Character 9- 40s/50s Any race/ethnicity man. A hard-working and protective father.
- Character 10- 20s. BIPOC man. A stubborn but loving older brother.
- Character 11- 30s-60s. Any race/ethnicity man. Priest.
- Character 12- 30s/40s Any race/ethnicity woman. Privileged.